- Modern Iron Works Ltd. is currently accredited to ISO 9001:2008, which is the internationally recognised quality standard for design and manufacture.
- Each new model McCabe Towbar is designed and manufactured to the latest European towbar standard Regulation 55 (55R).
- The initial design stage requires us to get the specifiec towbar mounting points for the vehicle, from the vehicle manufacturer.
- The vehicle is then brought to our design workshop where a towbar is designed using modern computer aided design (CAD).
- Once we are happy with the prototype, it is tested on our in-house testing facility to the standard laid out in Regulation 55, where the towbar must withstand 2,000,000 cycles at the maximum load which simulates the lifespan of the towbar.
- When the towbar has passed the test, the results are verified by either the VCA in the UK , TUV in Germany or RDW in The Netherlands and then the Type Approval is issued.