Towbar Type Approval.
- All our towbars are designed to fit to the manufacturers specified mounting points, and are tested to the maximum for each particular vehicle
- All our towbars are manufactured to either EC94/20 or the later standard Regulation 55.
- The testing for the towbars is performed in house on our fatigue testing rig.
- The testing rig consists of an Eland hydraulic actuator mounted on a custom made test rig. The actuator has an LVDT. (Linear vertical displacement transducer) with a range of 145mm. It also consists of a load cell with a capacity of 25kN in either direction. The rig is controlled by a Kelsey Instruments K7500 controller.
- Each new design is put through the test until a final design is reached where the towbar can last 2 million cycles simulating the life of a towbar.
- Type approval for our towbars is granted to us by the VCA (Vehicle Certification Agency) in the UK.
Please click play button below to see the test rig in operation.